The first Automatic Pill Dispenser was designed and patented in Sweden in 1996 by Mats Ericsson and Ingemar Hagerbro of Pharmacell AB. Since 2002 Pivotell have worked closely with Pharmacell to develop a range of high quality, excellent value, Automatic Pill Dispensers with many advanced features designed to suit users different needs. They are made in Sweden.
Pivotell dispensers are widely used by Health and Social Care professionals as part of a care package for vulnerable older people and those with learning difficulties who have difficulty remembering to take their medication. They can have a dramatic impact upon medication compliance and safety, reducing hospital admissions and improving quality of life.
If you are not sure which Dispenser is best for you or your family member please review our Comparative Features Chart: Pivotell Dispensers Comparative Features.pdf
PivoTell® Automatic Pill Dispensers
PivoTell® Mk 3/11 Pill Dispenser
- This dispenser is suitable for those with confusion or learning difficulties and for whom the blister packs and dossett boxes are no longer a reliable way to access medication.
- Some assessment may be necessary to ascertain its suitability.
- Reduces the risk of over dosage or medication not being taken at all.
PivoTell® Plus Pill Dispenser
- The 'Pivotell Plus' dispenser is suitable for those who may require more support than offered by the Pivotell Mk 3/11 dispenser
- The 'PivoTell Plus' dispenser has all of the features of the Mk 3 dispenser but also includes a GSM module which will send text and e-mail warning messages to family or friends if :
- Medication is not taken on time
- If left upside down
- There is a device error
- There are only four doses remaining in the tray
- The batteries need replacing
- The user and family have the re-assurance that if an adverse event occurs family or friends will be warned and an Emergency Service call out may be avoided.
Pivotell® Pager Pill Dispenser - powered by
- The Pivotell Pager is suitable for those who are deaf or who have hearing impairment
- At the alarm time the integral transmitter activates any in-range Bellman® Visit 868 System receiver which will vibrate, flash or sound an alarm to warn the user that it is time to take their medication.
- All other functions are the same as the Pivotell Mk3/11 dispenser
Minitell Daily Pill Box and Reminder
- Up to five daily alarms and five pill compartments
- Alerts the user with a ‘beep’ and or vibration that it is medication time
- Suitable for those ‘out and about’ who need a discreet reminder
- Not suitable for those with confusion
Reminders and Watches
Mem-x Voice Reminder
- Suitable for those with memory problems who will benefit from simple reminders in a familiar voice to perform daily tasks or reminders of events or perhaps anniversaries.
- Stores up to 90 messages
- Daily / weekly / monthly or one time messages
- Simple to use / simple to programme
Cadex® Watch (including the Cadex Paediatric Watch)
- Suitable for those who need reminders to perform regular daily tasks, for example, to take medication, liquids or meals
- Up to 12 Daily Alarms (beep) with on screen text reminder messages and snooze function.
- Red Alert Button (ICE) displays the database for Emergency Services use which includes:
- Personal medical condition
- Emergency contact details
- Medications and due time
- Blood group, Date of Birth, Doctors details etc
- Normal time and date function
Vibralite 8 Vibrating watch
- The Vibralite 8 is suitable for those who need reminders but who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Vibrates and beeps at alarm times
- 8 daily alarm times
- Count down timer with auto repeat option is of great benefit to those on fixed interval medication e.g Parkinsons Disease.
- Normal time and date function
Cordless DECT telephone worn on your wrist
- Minifone is a small cordless phone worn on the wrist or as a pendant which gives security to the user and peace of mind to relatives, and friends.
- Answer all of your incoming calls on the Minifone without having to find your normal home phone
- Have a normal 'hands free' conversation wherever you are in the home or garden within the range of the base station
- If you need assistance just press the two buttons and the Minifone will call the three pre-programmed emergency numbers of family, friends or neighbours
- 24/7 Response Centre service available